Author : Dr.P.Vinayagam 1
Date of Publication :22nd February 2021
Abstract: This paper formulates a simplified mix design procedure for HPC by combining BIS and ACI code methods of mix design and available literature on HPC. Based on the above procedure M80 and M100 mixes are arrived at. These HPC mixes are tested experimentally for compression, split tension, flexure and workability. The performances of the design mixes are very good and the results are reported are in this paper. The durability characteristics of HPC are under progress.
- NEVILLE(2000),”PROPERTIES OF CONCRETE”,4th and final edition , pearson education Asia Pte.Ltd,England.
- METHA AND MONTERIO (1999),”concrete:micro structure, properties and materials”,Indian edition,Indian concrete institute,Chennai.
- NAWY(2001),”fundamentals of high performance concrete”,second edition, john wiley and sons inc.,Newyork
- SHAH AND AHMAD(1994),”high performance concretes and applications”, Edward Arnold, London.
- JOSHI(2001),”evolution of HPC mixes containing silica fumes”,The Indian concrete journal, oct 2001,vol.75, no.10,pp 627-633.
- RIXOM AND MAIL VAGANAM(1996),”chemical admixtures for concrete”, second edition, E& F.N spon, London.
- BASU(2001),”NPP Containment structures: Indian experience in silica fumes based HPC”,The Indian concrete journal, oct 2001, vol.75,no.10, pp 656- 664.
- AMIT MITTAL AND BASU(1999),”development of HPC for PC dome of NPP, kaiga “, The Indian concrete journal , sep 1999, vol.73,no.9,pp561-568.
- AMIT MITTAL AND KAMATH(1999),”Properties of HPC for PC dome of NPP, Kaiga “, The Indian concrete journal , sep 1999, vol.73,no.9, pp561-568.
- CHINNAPPA(2001),”HPC”, proceedings of the advanced in concrete technology with emphasis on HPC, held at Pondicherry, pp185-194.
- RAJAMANE(2000),”HPC mix proportioning”,Advanced course on HP materials and methodologies for construction and rehabilitation of concrete structures, SERC,Chennai.
- JAGADISH(2001),”HPC”,Proceedings of national seminar on”Waver of the future, civil engg in 21st century”,15-16 june 2001,Assosciation of consulting civil engineers, (India), Banglore,pp72-90.
- SHIGIHLLI &MANJUN ATH(2002),High strength concrete containing silica fume,national seminar on “advances in concrete and concrete structures”, The Institution of Engineers(india),Belgaum.
- WANG & READ (1999), “ Trials of grade 100 high-strength concrete”, Magazine of concrete research, 51, no 6 , dec, pp 409- 414 BASU(2001), “High Performance Concrete: Mechanism and Application”, ICI Journal, apriljune 2001,pp 15- 26
- ASTM C 494, “Standard Specification for Chemical Admixtures for Concrete”, Annual Book of American Society for Testing Materials Standards, 1992
- Seshasayi, L.V.A., and Sudhaker, M., “Relationship of Water- Cementitious Materials Ratio and Compressive Strength of Silica Fume Concrete”, ICI Journal, Vol. 5, No.1, June 2004, pp 11 - 14