Author : Mr. Vinayak A. Chauhan 1
Date of Publication :18th March 2021
Abstract: The present study aimed to know the introvert personality among the nurses working in the hospital. It also aimed to check personality with reference to type of education and shift. The Introvert - Extrovert Personality Inventory (IEPI) by Dr. Ashwin Jansari (2013) was used. The sample constituted total 120 nurses out of which 60 were from full time female nursing staff (30 day shift and 30 night shift) and 60 from contractual female nursing staff (30 day shift and 30 night shift). The data was collected from Ahmedabad City. The data was scored, analyzed as per the manual. ‘F’ test was being calculated. The result showed that (1) There is no significant difference in the mean score of introvert personality among the full time and contractual female nursing staff, (2) There is significant difference in the mean score of introvert personality among the female nursing staff of day and night shift. Therefore it could be said that the female nursing staff of night shift group is having high personality than female nursing staff of day shift group and (3) There is no significant difference in the interactive effect of the mean scores of introvert personality with regards to the type of education and shift.
- Abbaszadeh, A., Borhani, F., and Mohsenpour, M. (2010): Compatibility of personality and major among freshman undergraduate nursing students of the Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. Spring; 15(2): 90-95.
- Aysegul, Savasan and Gonul, Uzgur (2018). The relationship between personality characteristic and work place bullying of nurses, Journal of Psychiatric Nursing, DOI: 10.14744/ phd.2017.66487, 2018;9(1):29-35.
- Akram, M. (2017). Self-Esteem and Psychological Well-being among Working and Non-working Women. International Journal of Indian Psychology, Vol. 5, (1), DIP: 18.01.077/20170501, DOI: 10.25215/0501.077
- Demir A, Ulusoy M, Ulusoy M.F. (2003). Investigation of factors influencing burnout levels in the professional and private lives of nurses. International Journal of Nursing Studies. Nov; 40 (8):807-27
- Fairweather, J. (2012): Personality, nations, and innovation: Relationships between personality traits and national innovation scores. CrossCultural Research: The Journal of Comparative Social Science, 46, 3–30.
- Hejazi Y, and Irvani M. (2002): Relationship between personality characteristics and job performance. Journal of Psychology and Education;32(2):171- 89.
- Nasiri F, Sharifi S. (2013). Relationship fear of childbirth in pregnant of women. Iran J Obst Gynecol Infertil; 16(66):18-25.
- Srinivasan, K. (2014). „Psychological Problem Factors Faced by Staff Nurses Working in Hospitals. IOSR Journal of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Volume 19, Issue 3, Ver. II (Mar. 2014), PP 01-04, e-ISSN: 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279- 0845.
- Shirey, M. R. (2006) Authentic Leaders Creating Healthy Work Environments for Nursing Practice. American Journal of Critical Care, 15: 256-267
- Zahra Fallahnejad and Ramazan Hassanzadeh (2015). The relationship between nurses‟ personality type and job satisfaction. Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Sciences 2015: 2(2): 42-47.