Author : Kundan Mishra 1
Date of Publication :20th July 2016
Abstract: In the presented article we have developed an economic order quantity model at infinite planning horizon. Deterioration is taken into consideration. Demand and production rates are assumed to be time dependent. Production process is not reliable hence a percent of produced items is defective. A mathematical formulation has been done to find the optimum value of order quantity and total average cost. A numerical example is also given to illustrate the theoretical results. Finally the sensitivity analysis is reported to find the effect of different parameters
- Berrotoni, J.N. (1962), Practical application of Weibull distribution. In ASQC Technical Conference Transactions, PP.303-323.
- Covert, R.P., Philip, G.C. (1973), An EOQ model for items with Weibull distribution deterioration. AIIE Transactions, 5(4), 323-326.
- Deng, P.S., Lin, R.H.J., Chu, P.(2007), A note on the inventory models for deteriorating items with ramp type demand rate, European Journal of Operational Research ,178(1),112-120.
- Misra, R.B.(1975),Optimum production lot-size model for a system with deteriorating inventory, International Journal of Production Research, 13(5), 495-505. 5. Hill, R.M. (1995), Inventory model for increasing demand followed by level demand, The Journal of the operational Research Society, 46,1250-1259.
- Wagner, H.M., Whitin, J.M. (1958), Dynamic version of economic lot size model, Management Science, 5(1), 89-96.
- Manna, S.K and Chaudhuri, K.S.(2006), An model with ramp type demand rate, time dependent deterioration rate, unit production cost and shortages, European Journal of Operational Research, 171 (2), 557-566.
- Giri, B.C., Jalan, A.K. and Chaudhuri, K.S.(2003), Economic order quantity model with waybull deterioration distribution shortage and ramp type demand, International Journal of Systems Science, 34 (4), 237-243.
- Panda, S., Senapati, S., and Basu, M.(2008), Optimal replenishment policy for perishable seasonal products in a reason with ramp type time dependent demand, Computers and Industrial Engineering,54(2),301-314.
- Buzzacott, J.A. (1975), Economic order quantities with inflation, Operation Research Quarterly, 26(3), 553-558.