Author : Tiza Michael 1
Date of Publication :22nd November 2016
Abstract: This research aims to point out how academic activities of students are affected as a result of poor pavement condition, it seeks to understand how their daily academic activities are influenced by poor road network, their semester and overall academic performance was investigated. The method employed was through development of questionnaires’ and distributing among University undergraduates who usually travel on a very poor road condition to and fro University for their academic activities. The result shows that the specific academic performance of students due to poor road condition is significantly affected and the general academic activities of students is affected by poor pavement condition.
- Agbonkhese Onoyan-usin, Yisa Godwin Lazhi, & Daudu Paul Itomi-ushi. (2013). Bad Drainage and Its Effects on Road Pavement Conditions in Nigeria. Civil and Environmental Research, 3(1), 7-15. .
- Civil engineering dictionary (2004). highway drainage. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/drainage 5. Dipanjan Mukherjee. (2014). Highway Surface Drainage System & Problems of Water Logging In Road Section. The International Journal Of Engineering And Science (IJES), 3(11), 44-51.
- Ger, F., Donal, B. Kieran, K., John, M., Dominic, M. and Jim, P. (2004). Guidelines for road drainage. Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Governmen. Roinn- U.S.A.
- Getachew KebedeWarati, Tamene AdugnaDemissie. Assessment of the Effect of Urban Road Surface Drainage: A Case Study at GinjoGuduruKebele of Jimma Town. International Journal of Science, Technology and Society. Vol. 3, No. 4, 2015, pp. 164-173. doi: 10.11648/j.ijsts.20150304.20
- Jitendra, G., Pradeep, K. A. and Manoj, K. S. (2013). A Framework for quantification of effect of drainage quality on structural and functional performance of pavement. International Journal of Engineering Research. Volume No.2, Issue No. 3, pp : 257-263
- Magdi M. E. Zumrawi. (2016). INVESTIGATING SURFACE DRAINAGE PROBLEM OF ROADS IN KHARTOUM STATE. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology (IJCIET),7(3) 91-103.