Author : Mary Conice 1
Date of Publication :7th September 2017
Abstract: E.coliisolatepe74 culture which showed positive for cytotoxic effect was selected for PCR analysis. On genomic DNA isolation, isolate pe74 showed prominent band on agarose gel electrophoresis. Isolatepe74 was analyzed for the presence of stx, stx2f, stx2, stx2c, stx2e, eaeA, stx2dandhlyA using different primers. On PCR amplification isolate pe74 showed no amplified product for Stx1 however only primer dimmers were observed in sample. PCR analysis of isolate pe74 showed positive to stx2f with a band close to 150 bp and a band between 100 and 200 bp for stx2c
- Xiaodong, JianghongMeng, Patrick F McDermott, Sherry Ayers, Karen Blickenstaff, Thu-Thuy Tran, Jason Abbot, JieZheng and Saohuazhao. Presence and Characterization of Shiga Toxin-Producing Escherichia coli and other Potentially DiarrheagenicE.coli Strains in Retail Meats. Applied Environment Microbiology, 2010, 76(6): 1709-1717.
- Riley L.W,Remis R.S, Helgerson S.D, McGee H.B, Wells J.G, Davis B.R, Hebert R.J, Olcott E.S, Johnson L.M, Hargrett N.T, Blake P.A, Cohen M.L, Hemorrhagic colitis associated with a rare Escherichia coli serotype, Journal ofMedicine, 1983, 308: 681-685.
- Sambrook J. and Russell Molecular cloning: A laboratory manual. Third edition vol 2, Cold Spring Laboratory Press, New York, 1989, pg-8.18-8.21, ISBN 087969-576-5.
- Wang Gehua, Clifford G.Clark, and Frank G. Rodgers. Detection in Escherichia coli of the Genes Encoding the Major Virulence Factors, the Genes Defending the O157:H7 Serotype, and Components of the Type 2 Toxin Family by Multiplex PCR. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 2002, 40(10): 3613-3619.
- Sawhney S.K and Singh R. Introductory practical biochemistry, second reprint, Narosa publishing house, New Delhi, 2002, pg-415-416, ISBN 81-7319-302-9. Skinner C., Stephanie McMahon, ReuvenRasooly, John Mark Carter, and Xiaohua He. Purification and Characterization of Shiga Toxin 2f, an Immunologically Unrelated Subtype of Shiga Toxin 2. PLoS One,2013,8(3): e59760.