Author : Richa Gopal 1
Date of Publication :25th January 2018
Abstract: Rheological behavior of water clover (Marsilea vestita) leave puree is important for the design and establishment of processing units. All rheological measurements were carried out in the temperature range of 28-60ºC. The Power law fit with yield stress provided a good description of the flow behavior of the puree and behaved as a shear thinning fluid. The storage modulus (G’) exhibited larger than the loss modulus (G’’) for the puree under oscillatory shear tests. Puree showed decrement in the consistency index from 337.65±0.94 to 189.24±0.67 significantly (p<0.05) with the increment in the temperature level.
- T. C. Wu, and W. Y. Kao, “The function of trichomes of an amphibious fern, Marsilea quadrifolia,” American Fern Journal, vol. 99, pp. 323-332, 2009.
- E, Launert, “A monographic survey of the genus Marsilea Linnaeus, I:the species of Africa and Madagascar,” Senckenberg Biol, vol. 49, pp. 273- 315, 1968.
- C. L. Lesho, “A summary of chromosome numbers in the Marsileaceae, with counts for additional species of Maesilea,” Amerrican Fern Journal, vol. 84, pp. 121-125, 1994.
- K. M. Pryer, “Phylogeny of marsileaceous ferns and relationships of the fossil hydropteris pinnata reconsidered,” International Journal of Plant Science, vol. 160, pp. 931-954, 1999
- N. Nagalingum, H. Schneider, and K. Pryer, “Molecular phylogenetic relationships and morphological evolution in the heterosporous fern genus Marsilea,” Systematic Botany, vol. 32, pp. 16-25, 2007.
- N. Hulina, “Rare, endangered or vulnerable plants and neophytes in a drainage system in Croatia,” National Croatia, vol. 7(4), pp. 279-289, 1998.
- S. K. Marwat, M. A. Khan, A. Mushtaq, M. Zafar, and S. Sultana, “Aquatic Plants of District Dera Ismail Khan,” Pakistan. Ethnobotanical Leaflets, vol. 11, pp. 247-257, 2007.