Author : P.V.K. Rao 1
Date of Publication :28th March 2018
Abstract: Ultrasound medical images are corrupted with a prominent component of noise during its acquisition and storing. Wavelet denoising techniques are used to reduce noise component effectively. The recorded ultrasound images are cropped to uniform size and the noise component is added to understand the level of noise threshold and further, these images are denoised using Daubechie3 and Symlet3 wavelet. Further to understand the effect of denoising at a particular decomposition level the PSNR values are calculated a comparison is drawn between these two wavelets to identify the noise reduction capability
- J. C. Goswami, A. K. Chan, 1999, “Fundamentals of wavelets: theory, algorithms, and applications,” John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- R. C. Gonzalez, R. E. Woods, 1993, “Digital image processing,” Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc.
- S. Mallat, W. L. Hwang, 1992, “Singularity detection and processing with wavelets,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol.38, no.2, pp. 617-643.
- C.K. Chui, 1992, “An Introduction to Wavelets,” Academic Press, Boston.
- C. K. Chui, J. Z. Wang, 1993, “An analysis of cardinal spline-wavelets,” J. Approx.pp. 54-68.
- J. J. Benedetto, M.W. Frazier, 1994, “WaveletsMathematics and Applications,” CRC Press, Inc.