Author : Meenu Manchanda 1
Date of Publication :17th May 2018
Abstract: An algorithm for fusion of partially focused input images in fuzzy domain is proposed. Since fuzzy transform possesses important properties such as shift-invariance, ability to preserve edges in an image, ability to provide better approximation etc. and therefore has been preferred in the paper. Since important features in an image are generally larger than one pixel and therefore the proposed algorithm uses fusion rule based on more than one coefficient (i.e. window based fusion rule) to fuse input images in the fuzzy transform domain. Experiments show that the proposed algorithm is effective and the results are acceptable
- Meenu Manchanda and Rajiv Sharma, “Fuzzy transformbased fusion of multiple images”, International Journal of Image and Graphics, vol. 17, no. 2, 1750008, 2017.
- Q. Zhang and B. L. Guo, “Multifocus image fusion using the non- subsampled contourlet transform”, Signal Processing, vol. 89, no. 7, pp. 1334–1346, 2009
- Shutao Li, James T Kwok, and Yaonan Wang, “Multifocus image fusion using artificial neural networks”, Pattern Recognition Letters, vol . 23, no. 8, pp.985– 997, 2002
- Zheng Liu and Robert Lagani`ere. Phase congruence measurement for image similarity assessment. Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 166– 172, 2007.
- Meenu Manchanda and Rajiv Sharma, “A novel method of multimodal medical image fusion using fuzzy transform” Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, vol. 40, pp. 197–217, 2016.
- Meenu Manchanda and Rajiv Sharma, “Fuzzy transformbased fusion of multiple images”, International Journal of Image and Graphics, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 1750008, 2017.