Author : Komalpreet Kaur Chhabra 1
Date of Publication :17th May 2018
Abstract: Noam Chomsky, the famous linguist proposed a progressive definition of Language and its role in the existence of human life as, “A language is not just words. It‟s culture, a tradition, a unification of a community, a whole history that creates what a community is, because it‟s all embodied in a language.” Thus language is an effective entity, an eternal bridge that connects thoughts, ideas, products and people. Language is words, it is also feelings, it is an amalgamation, an association, sometimes dissociation of the five senses that play a key role in the vicinities of human existence. Martin Lindstrom has aptly supported the above quote as, “As the world of communication is constantly changing, Interaction has become one of the main catalysts.” Further, to define the role of Language, the five senses of human beings also play an indispensable role in their description as they are closely inter-related. In today‟s scenario, „Brand‟ is a symbol or outcome of such Language and Expression, to which everyone would relate in one way or another. This paper is an attempt to describe the synergy that the collaboration of five senses and the thread of Language create in Expressing and Eternalizing a Brand.
- Doig L., (2014). Brand Language: tone of voice the wordtree way. Wordtree & Me Ltd.
- Esomar., (2014). Brand Sense or Sensitive to Brand?- RW Connect. https://rwconnect.esomar.org/brand-sense-orsensitive-to-brand/
- Lindstrom M., (2005). Brand Sense. New York: Free Press.
- Lindstrom M., and Kotler P., (2005). Brand Sense: How to Build Powerful Brands through Touch, Taste, Smell, Sight and Sound. New York, Free Press.
- Lindstrom M., (2007). Sensory branding power, http://mintinnovation.com/links/docs/pdf.
- Lindstrom M., (2008). Buy-ology. Truth and Lies about Why You Buy. New York/London: Doubleday.