Author : Dipali .A.Pawar 1
Date of Publication :16th May 2018
Abstract: Background :At present the dairy industry is both actively & articulately involved in product development. This includes new formulations & imitation product designed to compete with or replace existing products based on their superiority inconvenience, cost, quality & health benefits, so the progress in product development. The fast going lifestyle of humans is one of the reasons for health related diseases. So attempt was made to develop functional milk by using the combination of lemongrass & clove both having medicinal properties. Method : 1. The method of optimization of pasteurized homogenized toned milk with sugar (used as a natural preservative), lemongrass & clove was separately successfully prepared and subjected for sensory evaluation on 9 point hedonic scale by semi trained judges. Different variables of concentrations of sugar, lemongrass & clove were prepared that is 6%, 7%, 8%, 9% & 10% , 0.1%, 0.5%, 1%, 2% & 3%, & 0.05%, 0.1%, 0.2%, 0.3% & 0.4% respectively. 2. Selected concentrations of sugar, lemongrass & were combined together for the formulation of functional milk & were finally subjected for sensory evaluation on 9 point hedonic scale by semi trained judges. Results: 1. Among the different variables of concentrations, 8% , 1% & 0.1% of sugar, lemongrass & clove were selected respectively. 2. 1% : 0.1% concentration of lemongrass : clove were selected with 8% sugar concentration for the preparation of functional milk. Conclusions : 1. Seperate optimization of sugar,lemongrass & clove provides a basic idea to finalize the concentrations each raw material for the formulation of functional milk. 2. 1% : 0.1% concentration of lemongrass : clove with 8% sugar concentration sample showed better results for all sensory parameters. The functional milk have positive effect in improvement of sensorial parameters in taste, mouth-feel, stability & its overall acceptability. also addition of lemongrass and clove may play vital functional role & exhibit functional properties in the developed product.
- urbanisation on Bangalore wetland region and examining measures to be undertaken for its management”; MSRIT, Bangalore. ArchitectureTime Space & People, Council of Architecture‟s monthly Magazine, April-2009, pp. 34-42
- Pattusamy, N.Nandini, M.Vijay Kumar and K.Bheemappa “Water Quality Studies of Bellandur Lake, Urban Bangalore, Karnataka, India”; International Journal of Advanced Research (2013), Volume 1, Issue 4, 77-82.
- Manivasakam N.(2003)“Physicochemical Examination of Water, Sewage and Industrial effluents”; Pragati Prakashan Publications.vitro study. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Scientific Innovation, 2(2), 41-43.
- Balakrishnan, B.,Paramasivam, S., &Arulkumar, A. (2014). Evaluation of the lemongrass plant(Cymbopogoncitratus)extracted in different solvents for antioxidant and antibacterial activity against human pathogens. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, 4, S134-S139.
- Barbosa LCA, Pereira UA, Martinazzo AP, MalthaCRA,Teixeira RR, Melo EC. Evaluation of the Chemical Composition of Brazilian Commercial Cymbopogon citratus(D.C.) Staff Samples. Molecules 2008; 13:1864-1874.