Author : Sharma S. R 1
Date of Publication :19th July 2018
Abstract: Streptomyces sp. FXJ1.449 was isolated from marine sample collected from mangrove sea- coast, kosamba village, Valsad District, Gujarat and was screened to evaluate its antimicrobial activity by primary screening using cross streak method and by secondary screening using Agar well diffusion method against test bacteria Salmonella typhi (MCC 2901), Shigella spps. (MCC 3209), Staphylococcus aureus (MCC 2043) Bacillus cereus (MCC 2039) ans B. subtilis (MCC 2049). The present study is focused on the study of various physico-chemical parameters such as inoculums size, incubation period, pH, Temperature, Nacl concentration, carbon source, nitrogen sources and trace minerals for medium optimization to enhance production of antimicrobial metabolite by Streptomyces sp. FXJ1.449. This strain was found to be potential antibiotic producer and can be further used commercially for production of valuable products
- Sunita Bundale et. al., “Optimization of Culture Conditions for Production of Bioactive Metabolites by Streptomyces spp. Isolated from Soil” Advances in Microbiology, 5, 441-451, June 2015.
- Ahmed I. Khattab, Eltahir H. Babiker and Humodi A. Saeed, “Streptomyces: isolation, optimization of culture conditions and extraction of secondary metabolites”, International Current Pharmaceutical Journal, 5(3): 27-32, February 2016.
- Satapathy S. and Mohapatra S. B. “Optimization of Cultural Parameters for Enhanced Production of Antimicrobial Bioactive Metabolites by Arthrobacter sp. SAS16” Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 10(38), October 2017.
- Charu Singh, Ramendra Singh Parmar, Pragya Jadon and Ajay Kumar.,“ Optimization of Cultural Conditions for Production of Antifungal Bioactive Metabolites by Streptomyces spp. Isolated from Soil ”, Int. J. Curr .Microbiol . App.Sci , 6(2), pp 386-396, ISSN: 2319-7706,2017.
- Bernice Sharon Febina S., Rachel Regi Daniel and Shenbagaratai R. , Optimization Of Antibiotic Production By Marine Actinomycetes Streptomyces SP. KOD10 , International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 6 suppl 2, ISSN- 0975- 1491,2014.