Author : Ghadeer AL Najar 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2018
Abstract: After many years of single core processor’s dominance in the computing industry, multi-core central processing units (CPUs) have gained popularity due to their high performance. The critical levels of CPU performance include the different levels of parallelism, architectures, and it is therefore, critical to analyze the multi-core designs to ensure that the performance is in line with the expected specifications. This research paper is a detailed overview of the multi-core processors, parallelism and the performance measurement of the CPUs with more than one core
- Chhibber, R., & Garg, R. B. (2014). Multicore Processor, Parallelism and Their Performance Analysis. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science & Technology, 2(3), 31-37
- Gummadi, S., & Shanmugasundaram, R. (2011). Journal of Computer Science. Dynamic Allocation of CPUs in Multicore Processor for Performance Improvement in Network Security Applications, 7(6), 884-891.
- Mohanty, R. P., Turuk, A. K., & Sahoo, B. (2012). Analysing the Performance of Multi-core Architecture. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Bibhudatta_S ahoo/publication/235903889_Article_Analysing_th e_Performance_of_Multicore_Architecture/links/5510049d0cf21287416ca0 eb/Article-Analysing-the-Performance-of-Multicore-Architecture.pdf
- Ogundairo, J., & Omosehinmi, D. (2015). Comparative Analysis of Single-Core and multiCore Systems. International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT), 7(6), 117-130.
- Park, J., Wang, Q., Jayasinghe, D., & Kanemasa, Y. (2013). Variations in Performance Measurements of Multi-Core Processors:A Study of n-Tier Applications. Retrieved from http://www.thejackli.com/papers/park-scc-2013.pdf
- Pa, X. (2016). Performance Modeling of Multicore Systems. Retrieved from https://uu.divaportal.org/smash/get/diva2:891196/FULLTEXT01. pdf