Author : Nidhi R. Patel 1
Date of Publication :17th January 2019
Abstract: Hemoglobin is an imperative element in the human blood, the deficiency of which may lead to Anemia. Thus identifying the level of Hemoglobin in patients’ blood is a vital investigation. In order to evade such a condition, there is a requirement for a regular blood test to detect the presence of Anemia in the blood. There are multiple techniques with different applications for estimation of hemoglobin; however, it is broadly categorized into two types namely: Invasive method and Non-Invasive method. In an Invasive method, there is a requisite of patients’ blood sample whereas in Non- invasive technique there is no need to draw blood from the patients’. This review article focuses on an assortment of methods for estimating Hemoglobin. Direct cyanmethemoglobin method has been the gold standard for Hemoglobin estimation but other methods like Color scale, Sahli’s technique; Tallqvist, Hemocue, etc. are also available. The study, in addition, explores the frontier involving latest methods such as image processing techniques, pulse oximetry and occlusion spectroscopy which embraces the enhanced scope for the detection of Hemoglobin
- Parveen.S et al. Preparation of Stable and Highly Active Hemoglobin by Using Antiglycosylspecific Hemoglobin Polyclonal Antibodies, April 2013.
- Pranav Kumar, Usha mina: Biotechnology and a problem approach, 2014.
- Celia Henry Arnaud, Paper device measures hematocrit Inexpensive red blood cell assay could be used in limitedresource settings, September 19, 2016.
- Anemia Detection Methods in Low-Resource Settings: A Manual for Health Workers, December 1997.
- Mayang Sari, Saskia de Pee etal. Estimating the prevalence of Anemia: a comparison of three methods,2011.
- The global prevalence of anaemia in world health organisation, 2011.
- KawaljitKaur, Anaemia „a silent killer‟ among women in India: Present scenario, Scholar Research Liberary, 2014.
- Bharati S, Pal M, Som S, Bharati P. Temporal Trend of Anemia Among Reproductive-Aged Women in India. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2012.
- http://www.path.org/publications/files/TS_anemia_guide_ health_workers.pdf 10.http://community.boredofstudies.org/422/ psychology/164474/whats-difference-between-invasivenon-invasive-brain-research-methods.html