Author : Nandish .B 1
Date of Publication :17th April 2019
Abstract: Grass mower is an equipment used to chop up grass or weed which grows on farm land or other ground surfaces. In the present work, a prototype model of grass mower has been designed and analyzed for its performance. This equipment consists of rotating sharp edged cutting blade, which is powered by an internal combustion engine. Cutting blade unit and engine are mounted on rigid base frame which in turn moves on ground surfaces with wheels. While in action, blade which is rotating at high speed will shear the grass or weeds. In comparison with manual cutting of grass, this mechanized setup is having many merits like chopped surface is more uniform in appearance, completion of work in less time with less manual effort
- Venkatesh.K, Priyanka.K, Sridhar R Sakthivel.A, “Fabrication and analysis of lawn mower”, International journal of innovative research in science, engineering and technology, vol.4, Issue 6, May 2015.
- Ibe, Godwin anwara, “Design of a hand held grass mower”, International journal of Engineering research, vol.6, issue 3, pp 116-119, March 2017.
- Vivek.P.Ravi, Albin.K.Varghese, Ajay Antony, Rahul.P.R, Jaison.R.A, “Design and analysis of cutting blade for rotary lawn mowers”, International journal of engineering research and Technology, vol.5, issue 4, April 2016.
- A.R.Deepak, Kiran Kunwar, Daneesh.E, Rabin kadayat, Punith.C.N, “design and fabrication of Solar grass cutter”, international journal of latest engineering research and applications, vol.3, issue 5, pp 8-12, May 2018.
- K.Appala Reddy, N.Mahesh babu, L.Harini, R.Srikanth, J.Srinivas, “Design and analysis of a revised grass trimming device”, Journal of scientific and industrial research, vol.69, pp 39-42, January 2010.
- Jigar Rajendra kumar shah, “Design and analysis of grass cutting machine”, International Journal of Advance Research and Innovative Ideas in education, vol.3, issue 6, 2017.
- Basil okafor, “Simple design of self-powered lawn mower”, International journal of Engineering and technology, vol.3, no 10, Oct 2013.
- Sudhanshu G Chouhan, Sameer Ahmed Shaik, K.Vamshi Krishna Reddy, Sai Rohith Bandaru, “Design of a power autonomous solar powered lawn mower”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 8, issue 5, pp 113-123, may 2017.