Author : Anjali Baby 1
Date of Publication :18th July 2019
Abstract: Reservoir and foundation affect the dynamic characteristics especially modal frequencies and consequently the dynamic response of arch dams. A study is performed in this paper to view the effect of reservoir presence, foundation and fluid-dam interfaces modelling on modal behavior of arch dam using ANSYS. To represent water reservoir, two methods such as added masses approach and finite element method are adopted here
- Abraham, S., “Finite element method in the context of Arch Dams- a critical study” Ph.D. thesis, 2009, University of Calicut.
- Amina Tahar Berrabah, Mohamed Belharizi, André Laulusa & Abdelmalek Bekkouche, “Three-Dimensional Modal Analysis of Brezina Concrete Arch Dam,Algeria”, Earth Science Research; Vol. 1, No. 2; 2012.
- ANSYS Users Manuals for ANSYS Rev 11 & 12, Analysis Guides, ANSYS help.
- ANSYS user’s manual (2010): Sawnson Analysis Systems Inc.
- Baris Sevim, Alemdar Bayraktar and Ahmet Can Altunisik,“ Finite element model calibration of berke arch dam using operational modal testing”, Journal of vibration and control ,17(7) 1065-1079, 2009.
- Brijesh Singh and Pankaj Agarwal, “Seismic response of high concrete gravity dam including dam-reservoir founda-tion effect” Journal of South Asia Disaster Studies, Vol.2,pp. 41- 57,Dec 2009.
- Monitoring records from “Research and Dam Safety Organization”, Kottayam.
- Sajith Pai, P.N. Biju and Jayasree Ramanujan, “Study of Response of Gravity Dam under Earthquake Acceleration”, Transactions Engineering and Sciences Vol.2, Issue 10, October 2014.