Author : Dr.S.Prabhavathi 1
Date of Publication :22nd November 2021
Abstract: Now a day’s traffic controlling is Venture because the population growing day by day, also in emergency condition traffic controlling in very difficult. In emergency condition each and every second is important in saving a human’s life. In urban areas, traffic system is one of the significant indicators to show the growth and progress of a city and it also influences the quality of life of people living in metropolitan cities. In recent years, there is a significant increase in usage of road vehicles which is becoming challenge for existing transportation system. The currently deployed traffic system is not based on the traffic congestion level and a predefined time is allocated for traffic lights at every road crossing which results in traffic congestion and situation becomes worst in the peak traffic hours. This high level traffic congestion contributes in the pollution by the emission of CO2 and several other pollutants in air. Moreover, it also causes tripling of the fuel consumption and consequently put adverse effects on the economy as well. To address the above problem, this paper presents the development of congestion level based dynamic traffic management system using IOT. It regulates the traffic lights duration based on the real-time congestion level of the traffic measured at the road crossings by using ultrasonic sensors. The development of this project is divided in three phase’s i-e simulation and logic development, development of IOT based system and finally hardware implementation. In first phase the simulations are done in Proteus and results are presented in four cases i-e normal routine, low level congestion, medium level congestion and high level congestion. In second phase the IOT based system is developed by making the communication link between the end nodes and the gateway over the internet. Finally, the real-time prototype is implemented. And also the paper serves the delays caused by the lack of basic information about the patient and delay caused by the ambulance at the traffic signal.
- M.Buvana, Dr.K.Loheswaran, Dr.Karanam Madhavi, Dr.Sivakumar Ponnusamy, Aradhana Behura, Dr.R.Jayavadivel “Improved Resource Management And Utilization Based On A Fog-Cloud Computing System With Iot Incorporated With Classifier Systems.”2020 Journal Pre-proof of Microprocessors and Microsystems.
- Mohammed Sarrab, Supriya Pulparambil, Medhat Awadalla “Development of an IoT based real- time traffic monitoring system for city governance”2020 Global Transitions. Communication and Information Research Center, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman, Department Electrical and Computer Engineering, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman.
- M.S. Roopa, S. Ayesha Siddiq, Rajkumar Buyya, K.R. Venugopal, S.S. Iyengar, L.M. Patnaik “: Dynamic Traffic Congestion Management in Social Internet of Vehicles (SIoV)” 2020 Journal Pre- proof
- Geraldo P. Rocha Filho , Rodolfo I. Meneguette , José R. Torres Neto , Alan Valejo, Li Weigang, Jo Ueyama, Gustavo Pessin , Leandro A. Villas. “Enhancing intelligence in traffic management systems to aid in vehicle traffic congestion problems in smart cities” 2020 Journal. University of Brasilia, Brasilia DF, BrazilUniversity of Sao Paulo, Sao Carlos SP, Brazil Vale Institute of Technology, Ouro Preto, MG, Brazil University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil.
- Shridevi Jeevan Kamble a*, Manjunath R Kounte “Machine Learning Approach on Traffic Congestion Monitoring System in Internet of Vehicles.” 2020 Third International Conference on Computing and Network Communications (CoCoNet’19). Third International Conference on Computing and Network Communications (CoCoNet’19) school of Electronics and Communication, REVA University, Bengaluru-560064, India.
- B.D.Deebak, FadiAl-Turjman, MoayadAloqaily, OmarAlfandi “ A smart context-aware system in IoTCloud using mobile-fogging”2020 journal. School of Computer Science and Engineering, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore 632014, India
- Artificial Intelligence Department, Research Center for AI and IoT, Near East University, Nicosia, Mersin 10, Turkey, Al Ain University, United Arab Emirates, College of Technological Innovation, Zayed University, United Arab Emirates.