Author : Hiranmayi Niranjan 1
Date of Publication :16th March 2022
Abstract: The basis of Supply Chain Management (SCM) starts with accurate demand forecasting as harmonizing demand and supply is at the genesis of any operational plan. These forecasts determine every aspect of an organization from resource allocation to finished product distribution planning. Undeniably, if the demand forecasts are faulty this will have a negative impact on the Supply Chain (SC) therefore on the profits of the organization. This paper designs a conceptual review for factors involved in recent forecasting methodologies. Although the existing research has analyzed many theoretical perspectives of Supply Chain forecasting, there is a scarcity of research in overcoming the shortcomings of normal distribution because with the invention of Big Data Analytics (BDA), this traditional method is becoming weaker. The review infers that there is much to be learned about structuring a hierarchy to best forecast hybrid decision-making problems. Moreover, forecasting strategies of producers and retailer sellers play a pivotal role for consensus forecasts, meanwhile the role of forecast horizon and frequency cannot be neglected. The research focuses on reviewing the latest forecasting methods to help guide practitioners when carrying out long-term forecasting strategies
- You Z, Si Y-W, Zhang D, Zeng X, Leung SCH, Li T. A decision-making framework for precision marketing. Expert Syst Appl. 2015;42(7):3357–67.
- Guo ZX, Wong WK, Li M. A multivariate intelligent decision-making model for retail sales forecasting. Decision Support Syst. 2013;55(1):247–55.
- Wei J-T, Lee M-C, Chen H-K, Wu H-H. Customer relationship management in the hairdressing industry: an application of data mining techniques. Expert Syst Appl. 2013;40(18):7513–8.
- Lu LX, Swaminathan JM. SCM. Int Encycl Soc Behav Sci. 2015.
- Gholizadeh H, Tajdin A, Javadian N. A closed-loop SC robust optimization for disposable appliances. Neural Comput Appl. 2018
- Tosarkani BM, Amin SH. A possibilistic solution to configure a battery closed-loop SC: multi-objective approach. Expert Syst Appl. 2018;92:12–26.
- Blackburn R, Lurz K, Priese B, Göb R, Darkow IL. A predictive analytics approach for demand forecasting in the process industry. Int Trans Oper Res.2015;22(3):407–28
- Boulaksil Y. Safety stock placement in SCs with demand forecast updates. Oper Res Perspect. 2016;3:27.
- Tang CS. Perspectives in SC risk management. Int J Prod Econ. 2006;103(2):451–88.
- Wang G, Gunasekaran A, Ngai EWT, Papadopoulos T. BDA in logistics and SCM: certain investigations for research and applications. Int J Prod Econ. 2016;176:98–110.
- Awwad M, Kulkarni P, Bapna R, Marathe A. BDA in SC: a literature review. In: Proceedings of the international conference on industrial engineering and operations management, 2018(SEP); 2018, p. 418–25.
- Convergence and Hybrid Information Technologies - Google Books.
- Kshetri N. 1 Blockchain’s roles in meeting key SCM objectives. Int J Inf Manage. 2018;39:80–9.
- Michna Z, Disney SM, Nielsen P. The impact of stochastic lead times on the bullwhip efect under correlated demand and moving average forecasts. Omega 2019