Author : Yeshwanth S 1
Date of Publication :13th April 2022
Abstract: This paper focuses on effective inventory management procedures and techniques that can be incorporated in manufacturing sectors. Inventory acts as a backbone of every business operation. It serves as a link between distributors and production line, but because of the COVID -19 pandemic and lockdown imposed, it has disrupted industry operations and also seen disruptions in the availability of raw materials due to lack of supplies from outside vendors. There is a huge impact on production of goods due to delay in supply of raw materials. These disruptions have made companies to have a clear and efficient management of their inventories. This study focuses on several research that suggest various methods and techniques which industries adopt such as ABC, JIT, FSN etc. to manage their inventory in an effective manner and to suggest the best methods that can be used in the tough times of pandemic. Also, this study focuses on different case studies that were carried out in various industries and tries to conclude a best strategy that can be followed during these tough times of the pandemic to maintain a better and optimum inventory without disturbing the company’s production and supply of finished goods.
- Kumar, R. and Mishra, R.S., 2020. COVID-19 global pandemic: impact on management of supply chain. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 10(4), pp.132-139
- Christopher, M.O. and Kwasira, J., 2012. Determinants of Successful Implementation of Inventory Management Information System in Public Sector in Kenya: Survey of Nakuru County.
- Ravichandran, V., and N. G. Kumar. "Implementation of Kanban System for Inventory Tracking and Establishing Pull Production." Inernatinal Journal of Advance Production and Mechanical Engineering 1.3 (2015): 31-37.
- Kampf, R., Lorincová, S., Hitka, M. and Caha, Z., 2016. The application of ABC analysis to inventories in the automatic industry utilizing the cost saving effect. NAŠE MORE: znanstveničasopis za more ipomorstvo, 63(3 Special Issue), pp.120-125.
- de Castro Fettermann, D., Tortorella, G.L. and Fries, C.E., Inventory management: a small enterprise in the electronics sector case study
- Gokhale, Prayag, and M. B. A. Kaloji. "A study on inventory management and its impact on profitability in foundry industry at Belagavi, Karnataka." International Journal of Latest Technology in Engineering, Management & Applied Science 8.9 (2018).
- Sohail, N. and Sheikh, T.H., 2018. A study of inventory management system case study. Journal of Adv Research in Dynamical & Control System, 10(10), pp.1176-1190.
- Tan, Hong,Jamaludin, KhairurAU Hamzah, H 2018/06/25 181 Work-in-Progress Inventory Control Case Study in Lean Management 7 - 10.14419/ijet.v7i3.4.16770 International Journal of Engineering & Technology.
- Muchaendepi, W., Mbohwa, C., Hamandishe, T. and Kanyepe, J., 2019. Inventory management and performance of SMEs in the manufacturing sector of Harare. Procedia Manufacturing, 33, pp.454-461.
- Limkhunthammo,SupakornRojkunyaporn, RakkiatSansook, JantanaPhoolsawat, SasiwanKaewchur, PornthepRuensook,PinyadaAmsa-Ard,PhongsakorSudjit, ThitipatYamklebbuv,NamtipKoonpraneit, NichapaToomphol, Aeknaree 2019/01/24 Optimizing Warehouse and Inventory by FSN , Analysis: Case Study of ZZZ Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing Company.
- Prajaksuwithee, S. and Chutima, P., 2019, April. Inventory Management System Development in a Flexible Printed Circuit Board Manufacturer. In 2019 IEEE 6th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Applications (ICIEA) (pp. 246-250). IEEE.
- Jadhav, P. and Jaybhaye, M., 2020. A Manufacturing Industry Case Study: ABC and HML Analysis for Inventory Management. International Journal of Research in Engineering, Science and Management, 3(9), pp.146-149.
- Kumar, Aalok, et al. "COVID-19 impact on sustainable production and operations management." Sustainable Operations and Computers 1 (2020): 1-7.
- Kaewchur, Pornthep. "Role of inventory management on competitive advantage of small and medium companies in Thailand." Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education (TURCOMAT) 12.8 (2021): 2753-2759.