Author : Vatsala Soni 1
Date of Publication :22nd June 2022
Abstract: Heterocyclic chemicals are chemical structures which include at least a single carbon molecule plus at least one other element, such as sulphur, oxygen, or nitrogen, within the ring structure. Benzothiazoles are discussed in terms of synthesis methodologies, structural changes, chemical reactivity, and possible pharmaceutical effectiveness. This research relied upon secondary data obtained from the sources. The qualitative method was used to provide a section of such an evaluation which looked flawless and accurate. A handy methodology strategy is used in inquiry research. Heterocyclic compounds have been widely exploited in bioorganic and medical research for medication development. Scientists are interested in such compounds because of their various physicochemical and pharmacological properties. Recognizing heterocycles is advantageous in both industrial and biological processes. Benzothiazole, a molecular heterocyclic structure, is being studied as a candidate for such creation of larger, often medicinal chemicals. It is highly durable due to its aromatic components; however, it has reactive services that offer the synthesis method. The benzothiazole ring becomes an important framework for the production of colours used throughout the identification of lanthanide metal cations in aqueous environments. This identical basic N, S heterocycle, benzothiazoles, seems to be abundant; for example, it is required essential thiamine action (vitamin B1). Thiazole compounds could also be discovered in medications such as Nosiheptide. This chemistry group is used for about simply for antibacterial purposes; its distinctive heteroring linked derivatives have attracted the curiosity of scientists due to their various biological or indeed medicinal properties
- Andrade, C. (2021). The inconvenient truth about convenience and purposive samples. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, 43(1), 86-88.
- Archibald, M. M., Ambagtsheer, R. C., Casey, M. G., & Lawless, M. (2019). Using zoom videoconferencing for qualitative data collection: perceptions and experiences of researchers and participants. International journal of qualitative methods, 18, 1609406919874596. DOI:
- Ballari, M. S., Cano, N. H., Wunderlin, D. A., Feresin, G. E., & Santiago, A. N. (2019). One-pot sequential synthesis and antifungal activity of 2-(benzylsulfonyl) benzothiazole derivatives. RSC advances, 9(50), 29405-29413. DOI: 10.1039/C9RA04488D
- Chakraborty, B. B., Anwar, S., Das, S., Paul, S. B., Mohiuddin, G., De, J., & Choudhury, S. (2018). Aggregation dependent fluorescence switching in benzothiazole derivative based H-bonded mesogen. Liquid Crystals, 45(11), 1644-1653. DOI:
- Djuidje, E. N., Sciabica, S., Buzzi, R., Dissette, V., Balzarini, J., Liekens, S., ... & Baldisserotto, A. (2020). Design, synthesis and evaluation of benzothiazole derivatives as multifunctional agents. Bioorganic Chemistry, 101, 103960. DOI:
- Emerson, R. W. (2021). Convenience sampling revisited: Embracing its limitations through thoughtful study design. Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness, 115(1), 76-77. DOI:
- Gupta, A. (2019). Synthesis of novel nitro substituted benzothiazole derivatives and antibacterial activity against pseudomonas aeruginosa. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 12(10), 4663-4668.
- Ikpa, C. B., Onoja, S. O., & Okwaraji, A. O. (2020). Synthesis and antibacterial activities of benzothiazole derivatives of sulphonamides. Acta Chemica Malaysia, 4(2), 55-57. Retrieved from:
- Irfan, A., Batool, F., Zahra Naqvi, S. A., Islam, A., Osman, S. M., Nocentini, A., ... & Supuran, C. T. (2020). Benzothiazole derivatives as anticancer agents. Journal of enzyme inhibition and medicinal chemistry, 35(1), 265-279.
- Kumar, S., Mittal, A., Pathak, A., & Sahu, S. K. (2020). Biological assessments of substituted benzothiazole derivatives in streptozocin induced diabetes rats. Plant. Arch, 20, 3250-3253.
- Kundu, A., Karthikeyan, S., Sagara, Y., Moon, D., & Anthony, S. P. (2019). Temperature-Controlled Locally Excited and Twisted Intramolecular Charge-Transfer State-Dependent Fluorescence Switching in Triphenylamine– Benzothiazole Derivatives. ACS omega, 4(3), 5147-5154.
- Lobe, B., Morgan, D., & Hoffman, K. A. (2020). Qualitative data collection in an era of social distancing. International journal of qualitative methods, 19, 1609406920937875.
- Ma, J., Ni, X., Gao, Y., Huang, K., Liu, J., Wang, Y., ... & Wang, C. (2019). Identification and biological evaluation of novel benzothiazole derivatives bearing a pyridine-semicarbazone moiety as apoptosis inducers via activation of procaspase-3 to caspase-3. Medchemcomm, 10(3), 465-477.
- Majalakere, K., Kunhana, S. B., Rao, S., Kalal, B. S., Badiadka, N., Sanjeev, G., & Holla, B. S. (2020). Studies on imidazo [2, 1-b][1, 3] benzothiazole derivatives as new radiosensitizers. SN Applied Sciences, 2(11), 1-8.
- Mohapatra, R. K., Dhama, K., El–Arabey, A. A., Sarangi, A. K., Tiwari, R., Emran, T. B., ... & Abdalla, M. (2021). Repurposing benzimidazole and benzothiazole derivatives as potential inhibitors of SARS-CoV-2: DFT, QSAR, molecular docking, molecular dynamics simulation, and in-silico pharmacokinetic and toxicity studies. Journal of King Saud University-Science, 33(8), 101637.
- Moser, A., & Korstjens, I. (2018). Series: Practical guidance to qualitative research. Part 3: Sampling, data collection and analysis. European journal of general practice, 24(1), 9-1 7.
- Pathak, N., Rathi, E., Kumar, N., Kini, S. G., & Rao, C. M. (2020). A review on anticancer potentials of benzothiazole derivatives. Mini reviews in medicinal chemistry, 20(1), 12-23.
- Payaz, D. Ü., Küçükbay, F. Z., Küçükbay, H., Angeli, A., & Supuran, C. T. (2019). Synthesis carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibition and antioxidant activity of novel benzothiazole derivatives incorporating glycine, methionine, alanine, and phenylalanine moieties. Journal of enzyme inhibition and medicinal chemistry, 34(1), 343-349.
- Prabha, K., Satheeshkumar, R., & Prasad, K. R. (2021). Synthesis and Cytotoxicity of Novel Indoloquinolines and Benzonaphthyridines from 4‐ Chloro‐ 2, 8‐ dimethylquinoline and Variety of Hetero Amines. ChemistrySelect, 6(28), 7136-7142.
- Sankar, V., Karthik, P., Neppolian, B., & Sivakumar, B. (2020). Metal–organic framework mediated expeditious synthesis of benzimidazole and benzothiazole derivatives through an oxidative cyclization pathway. New Journal of Chemistry, 44(3), 1021-1027.
- Sever, B., Altıntop, M. D., Özdemir, A., Tabanca, N., Estep, A. S., Becnel, J. J., & Bloomquist, J. R. (2019). Biological evaluation of a series of benzothiazole derivatives as mosquitocidal agents. Open Chemistry, 17(1), 288-294.
- Strus, P., Borensztejn, K., Szczepankiewicz, A. A., Lisiecki, K., Czarnocki, Z., Nieznanska, H., ... & Mlynarczuk-Bialy, I. (2021). Novel podophyllotoxin and benzothiazole derivative induces transitional morphological and functional changes in HaCaT cells. Toxicology in Vitro, 73, 105144.
- Subramanyam, M., Sreenivasulu, R., Gundla, R., Rao, M. V., & Rao, K. P. (2018). Synthesis, biological evaluation and docking studies of 1, 3, 4-oxadiazole fused benzothiazole derivatives for anticancer drugs. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, 15(12), 1299-1307.
- Woiceshyn, J., & Daellenbach, U. (2018). Evaluating inductive vs deductive research in management studies: Implications for authors, editors, and reviewers. Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management: An International Journal.